Kafala (Legal Adpotion)
Algerian Nationals registered at the Consulate General in New York can apply to adopt. (Kafala) is the word used for in the Algerian Law.The Application file must be submitted to the Algerian Consulate General in New York to be forwarded to the Ministery of National Solidarity,Family and the Status of Women in Algeria. The Agreement for Kafala is issued by a National Commission on the basis of:
- The applicant’s personal, social and professional profile;
- The social assessment (enquete sociale) carried out by the Consulate General.
Please be advised that before applying for Kafala, applicants should confirm their eligibility to adopt under US Laws. For more information, visit the USCIS websiteBasic Conditions Applicant(s) should:
- Be of Muslim faith.
- Have a decent home.
- Not exceed the age of 60 (for a man) and 55 years old (for a woman).
- Have a minimum income of $1000 after deduction of all charges.
- Letter of motivation from the applicant(s).
- Copy of the Consular Registration card of the applicant(s).
- Birth certificate (s) of the applicant(s)
- Police Clearance or Criminal Record (Casier Judiciaire) of the Applicant (s) issued by US Authorities.
- Employment Certificate and last three (3) Payslips of the Applicant(s).
- Accommodation evidence (tenancy agreement, rent receipt…).
- Medical Certificate (s) of good health of the Applicant(s).