Algerian Nationals already registered at an Algerian Embassy or Consulate abroad and currently residing permanently within 44 States should ask for the transfer of their Registration file. This procedure is carried out by the Consulate and new registration at the Consulate in New York is granted as soon as the file is transferred. (In some cases, the agreement of competent authorities in Algeria is needed).
- File Transfer Application.
- First registration application form filled in and signed by the applicant.
- Original of the current Consular Registration card
- Notarized copy of a document showing the legal presence in the US, such as: Visa, Alien Registration Card (“Green Card”) or copy of US passport.
- Two (2) standard passport-size photos. Photos must be recent, frontal-view, of the same batch, untouched, taken on white background and showing applicant wearing no glasses of any kind, except for prescription eyewear ( Please write first and last names of applicant in pencil on back of photos).
- Photocopy of first two pages of passport and page bearing US entry visa.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Prepaid return envelopes MUST be certified mail with tracking number.
- Name of applicant MUST appear as the SENDER and RECEIVER of the mail on the air bill.
- We do not recommend FedEx and UPS since they do not collect mail.
N.B: Applying by mail is an option offered by the Consulate General. When choosing this option, you acknowledge of being aware that the Consulate Generalof Algeria in New York shall not be held liable for any delay, loss or damage caused by shipping carriers.Please be reminded also that you must write your name and address as both the sender and receiver of the return envelope you provide.