Consular registration can be canceled in the following cases:
- In the event of non-renewal of the consular registration card within ten (10) years;
- At the request of the applicant who permanently leaves the USA to establish his main residence in Algeria or elsewhere;
- Following the benefit of a Certificate of Change of Residence (CCR).
Cancellation of consular registration results in removal from the electoral roll.
How to apply for the cancellation of consular registration following the transfer of your residence in Algeria:
- If the applicant is in the USA, please submit the fowling documents to the Consulate General of Algeria in New York
- Application form to be filled out and signed by the applicant;
- Original consular card;
- Two Dollars fifty cents (2.50$) USPS Money order;
- Certified self-addressed return envelope, if requested by mail.
- If the applicant is in Algeria, the request for the cancellation of consular registration (Certificat de radiation / شهادة شطب) must be submitted in person at the civil status department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Community Aboard – Plateau des Annassers Kouba- Alger.