Consular registration is an administrative formality for Algerians residing permanently abroad. It has some prerequisite in order to take advantage of protection and consular services requested by you. Consular registration and the issuance of a consular registration card are processed for citizens aged 19 years and older.
For an Algerian woman married with an Algerian national she can be registered as a subsidiary along with the husband principal registration.
children under 19, are registered with the parents as subsidiary.
If the father is not Algerian the children aged under 19 are registered with their mother.
Please provide the following documents when applying for first consular registration:
- First registration application form filled in and signed by the applicant,
- Original full birth certificate E.C12 (Copie Integrale),
- Original of father’s or mother’s birth certificate or Algerian Nationality Certificate,
- Applicants born abroad (not in Algeria) should include birth certificates of two (2) paternal ascendants born in Algeria,
- Marriage certificate if applicable,
- Notarized copy of a document showing the legal presence in the US, such as: F, H, G, A, etc…., Alien Registration Card (“Green Card”) or copy of US passport,
- Statement of employment of school registration,
- Two (2) standard passport-size photos. Photos must be recent, frontal-view, of the same batch, untouched, taken on white background and showing applicant wearing no glasses of any kind, except for prescription eye-wear ( Please write first and last names of applicant in pencil on back of photos) ,
- Photocopy of first two pages of passport and page bearing US entry visa,
- Self-addressed stamped envelope,
- Married women should include marriage certificate,
- Divorced women should include record of divorce judgment.
- Incomplete files will be returned to the sender if the application is made by post and not accepted if lodged at the Consulate,
- Please be advised that original records of civil status are required for first registration. Faxed or photocopied, even notarized, are not accepted,
- The Consular registration card is valid for 5 years from the date of issue and is free of charge, passed this period, Algerian citizens must apply for registration renewal,
- Citizens are hereby informed that their names will be removed from the consular registers and from the electoral roll if they do not renew the consular registration card during period of time of 10 years. Once their names are removed they are no more registered and must apply for a new registration.
- Prepaid return envelopes MUST be certified mail with tracking number.
- Name of applicant MUST appear as the SENDER and RECEIVER of the mail on the air bill.
- We do not recommend FedEx and UPS since they do not collect mail.
N.B: Applying by mail is an option offered by the Consulate General. When choosing this option, you acknowledge of being aware that the Consulate Generalof Algeria in New York shall not be held liable for any delay, loss or damage caused by shipping carriers.Please be reminded also that you must write your name and address as both the sender and receiver of the return envelope you provide.