In case of death of an Algerian national in the USA, the Consulate will assist the deceased’s family or relatives to obtain an Algerian death certificate and the Authorisation for the transfer of the remains “Autorisation de Transfert de corps“. All the administrative formalities are dealt with by a Funeral Services appointed by the deceased’s family or relatives.
• Birth Certificate for citizen not registered at the Consulate,
• Medical letter issued by department of health (non- infection or non- communicable disease),
• The original death certificate issued by the US authorities,
• Embalming Certificate issued by the funeral services,
• Transit permit issued by the city hall,
• Certificate stating that the body has been laid out according to Muslim rituals,
• Airway bill (flight itinerary),
• The identity documents, including the consular registration card, of the deceased or copy of Algerian photo identification.